Thursday, January 4, 2007

Cheap Art

So here are some of the things I got for free, or very close to it. They are some of the ones I taked about in my last post. There are more, but these will have to do for now. The Quickdraw I paid the most for, but it was still way cheaper than the asking price. The figure drawing were supposedly from a life drawing class that Fred Moore ran at Disney, now I'm not sure if that's true or not, but if it is true I'm sure these two were not drawn by Freddie. I don't know who did it, they are old and I like them.




The Smedley was pretty dark so I lightened it in Photoshop. This model sheet was done back in 1960 or so on one of those old print copy machines they used to have before the Xerox machine. I thought I was being really careful with it when I packed it in it's protective case in the box in my garage. I realized later when I pulled it out that the image was produced partially by heat, and with the with the 100 degree summers here the damn thing turned a nice shade of dark grey.




I didn't fold this Quickdraw, it was folded long ago by someone who didn't have the love for it that I do...

Here's a couple of books I got. I love the artwork, especially the Huckleberry Hound. There is a real deceptive sophistication to the drawing and the colour choice.








The guy I got these figure drawings from had about three boxes of them. I wish now I had gotten some more, because I haven't seen any of those boxes since.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now I like the last two pictures. But how 'bout a couple of babes with a little less meat?

TotalD said...

Less meat ? They look just fine, not starving like VS models.